I sat down tonight to write about the new OAuth screens that we just pushed (more on that below), and I realized that I’d missed writing about a whole slew of new open technologies that we’ve released lately! Going forward I’m going to do a much better job keeping everyone up to date on the releases we push out…as we push them. I try to keep folks up to date on new items on my twitter feed, but you have to wade through a whole bunch of personal stuff there too.
So here goes a quick recap of the last few weeks.
But beyond this, check out these other great announcements from the last few weeks:
- A bunch of new open applications in Yahoo! (to learn how to build apps, check out YAP)
- Yahoo!’s distribution of Hadoop
- Cocoa library for Y!OS APIs (this means we make it easier to take Yahoo! APIs to the iPhone)
- Ability to extract known locations from your documents with Yahoo! Placemaker
- Open Tables in YQL (this lets your host your data in YQL for other developers to use and build killer applications with)
- Not new technology…but I attended Yahoo!’s London Hack Day this year and had a blast! Check out the interview I did with PaidContent.
Ok, hopefully that’s enough of an update for you for now. There’s a lot going on. There’s much more to come!